Tuesday, November 27, 2007

K12 Science

Not confident in my abilities to pull stuff off the internet or out of books, we decided to try K12 but only one subject on a trial basis ... we opted to do science as that is the area I was having the most trouble teaching. My problem, dd is a very bookish kid, she reads a story or book and absorbs about 75-90 percent of what she reads over a couple days - you know takes it in processes it and then can regurgitate some of the info. While good it becomes hard for me to tailor assignments down to her level without pushing her too hard and then bring in the labs. For my addled brain at the moment it is easier to let someone else do the legwork and difficult stuff. Today I'm willing to admit defeat in that area.

I'm liking the setup of the K-12 stuff, granted we've done one lesson. I loved science as a kid but haven't the foggiest notion how to make it fun for her.

With that in mind one of our assignments later this week requires marbles... whodda thunk that marbles would be so hard to find. We ended up with some fancy ones from the Michaels.

1 comment:

K12 Science said...

K12 Science is unique in offering real science for young students. The program balances hands-on experience with systematic study of scientific terms and concepts. Thanks.....