Sunday, October 26, 2008

Current - Grade 2 Plan

Just like last year we're still slowly tailoring M's learning program - which is just as much learning about what fits her style and mine as following our interests ... here is an update of the post I originally back in April when I was just in the planning stage!

We're still fine tuning everything and making adjustments here and there.

LANGUAGE ARTS
- K12 Language arts (Grade ?)
- Growing with Grammer 1 & 2
- Various Reading materials.
- Baltimore Curriculum Literature
- Creative Writing assignments from various topics and Prompt Plan Write (mostly typed!)
- Penmanship various letters and thank-yous to family

- Spectrum Reading (Grade 2) *Finishing*
- Spectrum Spelling (Grade 4)

MATH
- K12 Math (Grade 2)
- Singapore Math (2A and B) - Oct 26
- Various online computer games

HISTORY/GEOGRAPHY
- K12 History (Grade 2)

SCIENCE
- K12 Science (Grade 2)
- various topics (including Brownie Try-Its and other subjects of interest)

LANGUAGES
- Sign Language (need to find better program - maybe Signing Times Videos + more)
- Spanish (is it the right time?? need to find a better program here too!)

I'm not really happy with what we're using here and need to find something better. I'm tempted to let the Spanish sit for a year or 2 and just focus on the sign since we have both an interest and a need for it. That way when S is ready to start "schooling" we can include her in the spoken Spanish lessons and go from there.

ARTS/CRAFTS/MUSIC
- Extra Curricular Art Projects
- Art Group through Kids Art
- various projects
- extracurricular classes as appropriate
- Baltimore Curriculum Art and Music

EXTRACURRICULAR
- Brownies
- Ballet
- Art Classes
- outside classes as interest deems necessary

*****************

If anyone out there reading has an absolute favourite program that they want to share, I'd love to check it out! :) I feel like I'm doing so much better this year in my planning than last year! (question is where will it lead me! LOL! Trouble no doubt!)

I will continue to update as we progress through this year! :)

1 comment:

Homemade Happenings said...

You have quite a bit planned - I wish you the best of luck with it all! I don't have any recommendations for specific programs since my little one is much younger, but as far as Spanish is concerned, I think if she can handle taking on 2 languages at once - go for it! Children learn languages quickly when introduced early. Best of luck!