Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Grade 2 - The Mostly Final Plan

LANGUAGE ARTS
- Baltimore Curriculum Project

MATH
- K12 Math (Grade 2)

HISTORY/GEOGRAPHY
- K12 History (Grade 2)

SCIENCE
- K12 Science (Grade 2)

LANGUAGES
- Sign Language (need to find better program - maybe Signing Times Videos + more)
- Spanish (is it the right time?? need to find a better program here too!)

I'm not really happy with what we're using here and need to find something better. I'm tempted to let the Spanish sit for a year or 2 and just focus on the sign since we have both an interest and a need for it. That way when S is ready to start "schooling" we can include her in the spoken Spanish lessons and go from there.

ARTS/CRAFTS/MUSIC
- K12 Art (Grade 2)
- K12 Music (Beginning 1)
- various projects
- extracurricular art classes as appropriate

I'm not sure if we will use the K12 Art and music but it seems to fit with everything else we're doing and I have no plan currently in place to cover these subjects. Our library doesn't seem to have the resources I want access to for the breadth of what I want to cover so I'm tossing my hands up here! I can teach crafts like Knitting, sewing, hand embroidery, crochet, etc.... she has expressed an interest and aptitude in sewing (hand and machine) and cross stitch, so we're good on crafts and will just follow interests!

EXTRACURRICULAR
- Brownies
- outside classes as interest deems necessary

No comments: