Monday, October 26, 2015

Earth Science: Weather Unit

Themailbox.com has an eBook on Weather for 1st -  3rd grades (TEC 30224).  It doesn’t offer a lot in the way guided lesson plans but has a wealth of experiments, demonstrations, activities and suggested reading so that is what we’ll be using as the spine of our Science for the next few weeks.  I hope to be able to update weekly what we did so someone out there in the ether will be able to use it as a jumping point like I did at someone else’s suggestion!  We will cover:
I hope to make it back and make a link to each of the parts we covered but in case I don’t just keep reading.

Also, I'd like to thank BlueHouseSchool for the jumping off points.  I used a lot of the suggestions she made when working with her daughter  - plus what was available to me locally to make it fun for Giraffe.  All together, this was a pretty low budget unit, which provided a ton of entertainment.


No comments: